Time...has anyone ever really thought about it much???

By jefff Latest Activity August 20, 2015 at 6:41 pm Views 961 Replies 3 Likes 2

jefff

Hello my fellow MSer's,

I'd like to OPEN up a DISCUSSION regarding the vary subject we can never seem to have enough of (i.e., bringing the kids to soccer practice at the last minute, not being able to arrive to a meeting on time due to traffic or a phone call, wanting more time with a loved one as they lay on their bed before the "plug" is pulled, etc…) due to life's constraints and constant hurdles…always on the move or needed by someone for something else that takes away that time from U…it's a very greedy word when you think about it!

I ask this for one simple reason; U YOU U YOU are the ONLY one who has control of your TIME! So how do you protect that precious commodity of life, how do you prioritize what happens next or goes first…second…third…and on? Are you really the one that make these precious seconds/minutes/hours count as best as you can or someone else pulling the strings of your life?

More than likely, all of us have had an Employer in control of our time, or a Spouse that requires it for one reason or another, or a child, or maybe it's your own body in HIGH-DEMAND of time?

Before you reply to this or maybe just read it and think about it…put yourself in place of the hand of a clock that TICKS and visualize yourself in front of it running away faster and faster and further and further away from that "sweeping" motion of the arm as it gets ready to swing right by you and pass you by because NOW you're on BORROWED time. It NO longer belongs to you, so what do you do now?

Okay, have you earnestly sat down and thought about it? Are you in tears like me as you become overwhelmed at times because no matter what you do, you just can't seem to get ahead of it, so what do you do???

Okay, take a DEEEEP breath and RELAX first of all!!!

Now start to think about things in categories or sections that you can manage in "bitesize" pieces. Got it? Then take each category or section and micromanage it down further if needed? Got it? Then put a LABEL on it and work your way through the labels one at a time (i.e., Soccer Practice, Meetings…work/personal/social/religious…etc, Spousal Time, Extra Time Allotments or "Fill-ins" as I refer to them, and so on, and so on…) as needed, but ALSO remembering that U YOUR Health has to COME 1st and this cannot be in question!

I say NOT in QUESTION because what you do today will have "consequences" later if you have not prepared for YOUR Multiple Sclerosis to take a front seat!

NO, I'm NOT an expert in time management, I'm an expert in ME!

That's where you NEEEEED to be, so think about the Subject Heading one more time and how it APPLIES to your life TODAY!!!

Where are U YOU U YOU???? jefff

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • grammasherri
    grammasherri September 2, 2015 at 2:00 pm   

I am a 'list maker'. I make my list for the day. Then I list things by importance. I save Sunday afternoon for the 'leftovers' that didn't get done. After supper & dishes…I do nothing except things for my relaxation or enjoyment. I have a couple of 'feelings' that I experience physically if I overdo it. I have learned when I feel one of those. I drop everything. OR I will pay for it.

• grammasherri
    grammasherri September 3, 2015 at 9:29 pm   

you ought to see my multi colored post it notes everywhere!

• jefff
    jefff September 2, 2015 at 6:38 pm   

Ah ha…the key words which I hate to hear, "or I will pay for it!" We all know what that means and it's not a paycheck or a bill. Your "list maker" idea is a great one and I'm glad you take time for yourself because we (MSer's) often find things to do instead of relaxing when the time is right, so KUDOS to you Sherri!

Thanks for sharing, jefff