? for Msers

By cheree10 Latest Activity September 11, 2015 at 11:02 pm Views 1,807 Replies 5 Likes 3

cheree10

Is it true or has any tried and felt smoking pot helps with dealing with MS pain? and has anyone changed there eating to vegan or some type of diet and noticed that it really makes a difference or it doesn't matter the systems and pain remains the same? I have read that exercising and dancing helps us msers.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous January 12 at 2:19 am   

I wont lie it the only thing that takes the edge off the pain and helps me sleep

• billw_willy
    billw_willy September 22, 2015 at 6:33 pm   

Try Marinol instead, is legal but let us know how it works.

• FattyPatty99
    FattyPatty99 December 27 at 11:10 pm   

Hi billw_willy…Just wondering if you use marinol? If so, what do you think?

• billw_willy
    billw_willy January 29 at 8:10 am   

Fatty/Paddy99,
    No, VA pain doc refused to Rx Marinol for my arachnoiditis Px in neck/shoulders and lower back/legs, can't stand and walk long with 4 poster cane, have to use walker—still hurts but wheel chair works well anywhere, immune mediated inflammatory spinal fluid plus other previous Dx's of MS, PPMS, SCD/SCA, all having some related Sx's and Dx medical protocol, had 2 small bright lesions, MS (?), strokes (?) and one large dark lesion, cause unknown, very long list of previous
    Sx's since 1969 in Army service in Korea. CBD, cannabidiol, is still illegal in eyes of VA and fed. laws (use of by vets might show THC on drug scans) as CBD is not USP approved and regulated as to purity.

I have pseudo allergy itch to all 5 opioid drugs tried, back on oxycodone as it is most effective with less itch, others—codeine, tramadol, hydrocodone were less effective and morphine (a really bad drug made me stupid, could not spell, write/type a sentence, paragraph). The first bottle of 60-5mg oxycodone tablets lasted me a year but the time I took 3 in one day and 3 the next day with horrible pain episode, I had a bad case of pseudo itch that kept me awake for more than 48 hours. I have 10mg tablets now and if I catch a pain episode early enough, I can take 10mg at first and 5mg if need to continue controlling pain. If not, avoiding pain meds, nausea results from pain, antacids are not effective enough and vomiting results with stomach acid burning my esophagus and mouth, hiatal hernia is an old one. I have phenergan 25mg suppositories, use 2 for nausea but usually too late to use them before vomiting starts but to avoid gagging after vomiting. Those are sickly days for a 72 year old man.

Anyone using Marinol or CBD, please let us know effectiveness and side effect results.

• cheree10
    cheree10 September 22, 2015 at 8:25 pm   

Hello, I will look into it. ThankYou