Finding out more about MS

By zaraya@comcast.net Latest Activity January 1, 2016 at 10:18 am Views 1,480 Replies 3 Likes 1

zaraya@comcast.net

I have been reading so much information about MS. All I am trying to find out if MS has any relation to falling down?
I have severe COPD, RA, Lupus, Peripheral Neuropathy with burning in my feet but I have been taking Lyrica for years to block the pain. I suffer from chronic pain 24/7. My RA has affected my eyes, so I had to have my cataracts removed and inserted mono lenses. So now I see 20/20, but I can't focus I am blurry most of the time with hundreds of floaters.
I have Sjogrens Syndrome, so I spend a good part of my time at the eye doctors. I have a condition as Discord Lupus and SLE as well. Gee! aint I lucky. I will get back to you. Thank you for reading.
Rebecca

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • akshayv
    akshayv July 20 at 4:19 am   

I stand for 8 hours while at work and was having tremendous heel pain. I tried a couple of other brands that were supposed to help alleviate the stress of standing for hours, but they did not help. The pain moved from my heels to my arches or the sides if my feet. I ordered orthofeet shoes and absolutely love them. My heel pain is gone!!! My feet are finally pain free.

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA January 29, 2016 at 9:55 pm   

HI Zaraya, nice to see you. I am not a physician so I don't have any helpful advice to give you. But I am a therapist and I think getting support is a powerful tool to have when you are living with a chronic condition. Glad to see you got a great response from Jeff. And glad you are here.

• jefff
    jefff January 3, 2016 at 3:10 pm   

Hi Rebecca,

I'll try and give a few different reply's to your various discussion postings, so please bare with me. Your question on this reply/discussion looks as if you're curious to MS and "falling down?"

The short answer to this one is YES! I would guess that I fell at least 100+ times in 2015 and the falls are in relation to many things (i.e., vision and not seeing things in the way, leaning to one side or the other similar to a Vertigo type feeling/scenario, medications and the various side-effects, fatigue, poor muscle control as it relates to moving your legs, "drop foot" and not being able to lift your foot over a rug/door threshold/transition plates/sidewalk cracks and on…

Does all of this make sense, because it's quite common for those of us with MS to have "falls" and they can be quite serious at times, so you after awhile, you become a "good faller!" I know, not a real term, but us MSer's use that term sometimes.

I'm glad to hear that Lyrica works for you, unfortunately it did not for me as it relates to my 24/7 pain symptoms, so I'm on a low dose of Lortabs combined with Ibuprofen which still doesn't do the job, but I don't want to get hooked on the higher doses of Opioids.

As for your other health related issues, my oh my you've got em' sister and I'm so SORRY that you have to endure all that you endure!

Please know that there are many of us on here who have multiple "side" issues related to our auto-immune system, so "flurries and floaters" as well as the Lupus with RA come with the package and it's all up to us to try and figure out how to BEST live through them with a smile on our face and NO complaints to family (sarcastic of course)…

Either way, we're here for you and I'll try get to your other reply's now…jefff