Arthritis Foundation Organization

By zaraya@comcast.net Latest Activity January 3, 2016 at 3:49 pm Views 962 Replies 2 Likes 1

zaraya@comcast.net

I was curious to find out if any one who suffers from MS, do you also have Rheumatoid Arthritis or Systemic Lupus or Discord Lupus.

Jeff your two little girls are really cute. I bet they require a lot of attention. Do you have MS and if so how do you manage it.

As for me I don't take any narcotics, no tylenol nothing I only use my daily stretching to keep the pain down in my spine. I already had my flu shot so I hope that I will be safe this year. But I don't allow myself to be around large crowds because of my white count being under 2. This week I get my medication at the clinic it's that time of the month. But my right knee started to retain some fluid so that will have to be taken care of.

Well it's time for me to go and have my dinner, then get ready for bed. I get up at 5:00 am 4 days a week to get to work. I put in 32 hours. It's very difficult for me because I have not one bit of energy and I crave sleep. I don't sleep well, maybe about 2-3 hours, so any catnap that I can get even if it is for 20 minutes. Well have a great week. It's the first week of the New Year.
Regards,
Rebecca

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Cathy Sue
    Cathy Sue April 7, 2016 at 8:34 am   

I am new too this site and just LOVE it! I see a lot of what I have felt was my own paranoia. I was diagnosed in 1996 with MS, had to take a total of 18 months leave from work, just recently had to take an earlier-than-expected retirement and have been turned down for disability twice. It's hard to drive when everything,trees, sidewalks, etc.. are spinning around in circles, not to mention urinating on myself because I can't get the strength to hold it back. (Sorry just airing things) What challenges do I need to expect in the future? Yes also my body is riddled with RA and also, which seems odd to me, Neuropathy in my feet even though I have not been diagnosed with Diabetes.

I'm so sorry for seeming to be a complainer but for the last 20 years very few people do not understand. This site is a true breath of fresh air!

• jefff
    jefff January 7, 2016 at 3:03 am   

Hello again Rebecca,

I mentioned a few of these questions within my most recent replies, but I have no problem repeating myself as long as it gives you some rest.

Curiosity and MS go "hand in hand" because we're always curious about the Why Me aspect of this disease. The other illnesses you've mentioned fall within (lumped together) the "autoimmune disease" criteria so YES, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus hit the mark regardless of what others may say or read to you or send to you within an email…they're ALL linked together. The key with any and all autoimmune diseases is how we CHOOSE to manage it on a daily basis and there are several therapies/treatments and remedies, most of which are in the mind and making a choice of Optimism and Strength!

Be OPEN about it…use family/friends as a resource for strength and involve them in the process! The surprising thing, they're WILLING most of the time and if not, find someone who is and lean on them for support.

Oh yeah, you mentioned those cute little girls on my lap and they're actually my sons daughters. He passed away from cancer 3 months before they were born and via the "in vitro" process, there was a 3rd dish that was used after the birth of initial twins 3 1/2 years later, so my son blessed us with 3 beautiful granddaughters before he passed away and they are the light of our life…I never knew how much joy and happiness you can receive from being a grand parent, especially the LOVE from all 3 and there mother's since remarried a man who knew Sean before he passed away because he to was going through the same type of cancer and he's been in remission for 5 years now, so the odds are good and he's so good to the girls and Sean's wife/widow. Thank the Lord for these blessings!

You Take Care of yourself and let me know if there's anything else you need…jefff