How many times is tooooo many when it comes to seeing your Neurologist?

By jefff Latest Activity March 3, 2016 at 3:35 am Views 873 Replies 4 Likes 1

jefff

I pose the above question because I feel like I'm a bother to him and his staff! I know I should never feel like that or I should leave him for another, but when you've seen the same Neurologist since diagnosis (15 years ago), how do you just give up or move on…that's why as my disease progresses that I'm afraid to leave the one physician who knows everything about me! I mean everything!!!

Your thoughts would be appreciated and I thank you, jefff

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • goose442
    goose442 November 19, 2016 at 10:09 am   

Hi Jeff, I called my neuro office on monday of this week with a question, HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THEM YET. SO SAD on their part.Happens everytime they say they will get back to me, they do not. getting mad I'm in pain and they don't even get back with you.The receptionists are liars too when they say they will call you back with an answer.They don't

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA March 3, 2016 at 6:15 pm   

Hey Jefff, this is such a good question. I talk a lot about this issue with clients. I always advise them not to worry about being a high maintenance patient, and to place their health first. But I also understand your concern, especially if you sometimes pick up vibes that your doctor may feel bothered. I think it might help to have an honest conversation with your doctor. Not accusatory. But maybe use an example of a recent visit in which you were concerned that he might have felt your visit was unnecessary, or that you were wasting his time, or provide an example when you felt his staff felt that way. You might also talk about how you can best work together, what he needs you to ask about or report, and the best way to do that. I think being a team means communicating the day to day stuff, but also communicating about how best to communicate. Nice to see you, my friend.

• jefff
    jefff March 6, 2016 at 9:50 am   

Yup!

• jefff
    jefff March 4, 2016 at 1:56 am   

I will take your advice even though I've tried some of your tactics already, but maybe I'll try the "we're all in this together" routine, RIGHT? In a softer tone of course and not shouting like I typed…good stuff DOC! jefff