Chronic pain

By Klinkster61@gmail.com Latest Activity June 16, 2016 at 3:13 am Views 951 Replies 9 Likes 3

Klinkster61@gmail.com

Anyone else suffer with chronic pain with ms?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (9 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Didiamond13
    Didiamond13 January 12 at 1:49 am   

Daily honey i feel your pain you are not alone

• Klinkster61@gmail.com
    Klinkster61@gmail.com July 15 at 5:27 am   

I'm having alot of trouble with my mood.my body hurts I'm always tired and always seem to be in a bad mood. I also feel depressed alot. I'm on 100 mg of Zoloft but doesn't seem to matter. Please advise me.

• TracyShort
    TracyShort June 18, 2016 at 1:42 pm   

An unbelievable pain is what sent me to the Dr the first time before I was diagnosed. The "MS Clinic" (supposed experts) told me that they didn't treat pain and that headaches were not a symptom of MS. They sent me to a "pain clinic". When I got a better Dr. he said that was absurd, that pain is the primary symptom for a large % of people with MS. He was the best thing to happen to me because at that time lots of Drs didn't believe fibromyalgia was real. He pressed on me and I kept saying OW! OW! He said I was the only person he ever examined who was tender in EVERY spot. When I wake up I cry for 30 minutes or more from the pain of laying down and from getting up. The right Dr saved my life for sure!

• Klinkster61@gmail.com
  • JadeK4142
    JadeK4142 June 17, 2016 at 9:50 am   

Yup. What most doctors I think are starting to understand is that nerve damage is part of MS and nerve damage hurts. But there's relief. Pain management clinics are gods at balancing minor drugs for maximum effect so you can function without pain. Talk to your doctor about a referral. Good luck and keep your chin up.

• Klinkster61@gmail.com
    Klinkster61@gmail.com June 16, 2016 at 6:00 pm   

Thanks Jeff I know exactly what your saying and I assure you if anything I'm to honest. I'm currently on methadone after trying everything else over the last 20 years has been the only thing that's worked.

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA June 16, 2016 at 3:22 pm   

HI Klinkster, just want to say hi and welcome. I am glad you are here. I hope you will stay in touch with us and let us know how you're doing. You are not alone.

• jefff
    jefff June 16, 2016 at 11:21 am   

Hello and Welcome to our site Klinkster61,

Yes you're RIGHT as it relates to the chronic pain although some members report that their MS (RRMS) comes and goes as it relates to the "pain controversy." I say controversy, because most physicians in the world of multiple sclerosis believe it to be just a little inflammation of the nerve endings and the possible misfiring of those "endings!"

Now, from my perspective as a 15+ year diagnosed patient of this disease, I can tell you that MS is and can be one of the most underrated diseases of pain thresholds. I have literally "cried" myself to sleep in pain, so whenever I hear my Neurologist say that my Opioids are causing me more pain, my reply is and has always been, than WHAT would you like me to do with this pain…he always has that same look of disgust on his face as if to say you're NOT abiding by my counsel as your physician, to which I reply I'm on the lowest level of pain management (controlled by a professional PM Clinic who you meet with once a month) that can be prescribed (7.5mg Lortabs x 4 daily) to which they barely touch the surface, but Marijuana is NOT legal where I'm at and from what I've studied…DO IT in pill form or whatever you're comfortable with handling ethically and morally!!!

You should also note that chronic pain can and does "masks" other conditions, so be honest with all who care for you, especially your Neurologist and PM Clinic Doctor! I say this is critical because if you're NOT being honest with them, the professionals, then who are you being honest with…certainly not yourself or you'd confide in these professionals.

It's also important to note that a "counselor" of some sort is also imperative. He/She can help you walk through those moments of deeeeep depression and anxiety, so use them as directed by your other professionals. There's also the use of your faith leaders, lean on them from a spiritual guidance perspective and ensure (again) that honesty is at the top of the list or they cannot help you!

Okay, enough preaching from me for a "write-up," but I hope that helps for now and gives you some direction as you lead down this path of chronic pain —— and as always, I'm here for you!

jefff

• Klinkster61@gmail.com
    Klinkster61@gmail.com July 23 at 1:30 am   

Thank you for the input everyone. I'm on methadone 10 mg twice a day and works for awhile. Doctor won't raise it to 3 times a day. I'm so frustrated.