Opioids vs. Marijuana? HONESTY here please!!!

By jefff Latest Activity December 13 at 1:48 pm Views 372 Replies 4 Likes 2

jefff

So I'm curious as to how many of you rely on either "Opioids or Marijuana?"

This OPEN discussion should be honest and without judgment because we've ALL been on one of this or the other!

I do not have Marijuana available to me currently, and since my pain levels are steadily increasing over the months/years with the progression my MS, I'd like to know how you're handling of pain IS HANDLED? Yes, my Neuro has said there is NO pain with MS and that it's all in my head. He also said that any and ALL pain medications make the symptoms worse rather than better, but I explained to him that it's not just my MS symptoms as I have several old injuries (i.e., football, basketball, baseball, banquet hall duties with tables/chairs, luggage lifting as a bellman in my Las Vegas Hotel days and so on…etc…)!

He of course (along with my anti-pill wife) completely DISAGREE with me! This of course if very frustrating to me since I know my body and what's going on and due to an ever increasing/advancing flow of "cognitive issues," I've had difficulty explaining all of this to both my wife/caregiver and Neuro…Ughhhhh! :-((((

So, after all that —— may I please open a dialogue (and I'm sure I'm NOT the only one in this boat) that is both helpful and constructive to my fellow MSer's???

I THANK YOU each of you in advance for your input and feedback, jefff

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Didiamond13
    Didiamond13 January 11 at 11:39 pm   

Honey my pain has got really bad since.i was dignosed in 2013 and if theres no.pain with MS then why does my Neruro tell me everytome i see him that the pain is going.to get worst and has since day one

• FattyPatty99
    FattyPatty99 December 26 at 9:39 am   
    Edited December 26 at 12:07 pm by FattyPatty99

Hi jefff, sorry you don't have access to mj or pain meds. I use both. I had the same problem as you, my neuro "had no idea there was pain associated with ms"? I got a new neuro…as for your wife, does she think you are a liar? Why would she think it was ok for you to be in pain? People are so arrogant to say they know better than you! You are wearing a body with ms!! They are not! It says in plain English on the ms websites that 50% of people with ms have pain! Tell them to do a little research…!

• Didiamond13
    Didiamond13 January 11 at 11:41 pm   

It really makes me angry cause people acts as if MS is a joke but they should have to live this way

• Verncar
    Verncar December 19 at 4:09 pm   

I have a lot of pain do to my MS so don't let them tell you it's all in your head because it's not.I take pain medication but do not use marijuana.I know there's a lot of people who do.So what ever helps you with pain that's your choice just be careful with pain medication as it's really addictive & can screw up your life.I think marijuana is much safer for pain relief.