I am starting with Ocrevus

By Kansas Terri Latest Activity July 17 at 12:07 pm Views 438 Replies 2

Kansas Terri

I have heard that it "only offers a slowing of decline" and I have heard it is a miracle drug.

Which is true?

If it matters, I have the relapsing form of MS, though my doc says I look like I am going into progressive ms. It is true that between flare ups I am very gradually getting worse. I have been off meds for 3 months to get them out of my system (and also because they have been going back and forth with insurance) and during this time I had to stop driving, as I am fuzzy-headed without any meds but once a month prednisone.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • trp0623
    trp0623 August 2 at 10:03 pm   

My doctor just today suggested I start on ocrevus. I had never heard about this drug. Makes me nervous. I have been on so many different medications and they all seem to quit working on me about a year into them. My latest was tecfidera. I was so excited to start that one. NO MORE NEEDLES!!!! Now I am having a bad flareup and am at a loss of what to do. To make matters worse, the best dr I have ever had just informed me he is retiring and is referring me to a dr 2 hours away.
    I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully everything works out for you. MS STINKS

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA July 22 at 11:16 pm   

Hey Kansas Terri, I am so glad you found your way here to our supportive community. Welcome! I am sorry you are dealing with all of this, I really am. I know it's hard for MS patients to evaluate the many options there are for treating MS. Doctors seem to encourage patients to get involved in the decision and that can feel really overwhelming. What I encourage you to do is to keep in close contact with your doctor, do some research on your own and then talk to him/her about what you have learned. Keep the dialogue going as you move forward in your treatment. I hope you are getting a lot of support from people in your life. And I hope you will stay connected with us. Please let us know how you are doing.